Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Quest for the Perfect Fur

Sketchy on the outside, but vintage
treasures on the inside!
 
My top fashion goal this season has been to score a fabulous fur piece to add to my closet.

Sound easy right?

Not quite.
First of all, despite that fur is a big trend this cold-weather season, finding that one piece that flatters your unique personal shape can be harder than finding the perfect pair of skinny jeans.  Some are too fluffy, some shed a whole animal on you, and others just leave you looking like poor roadkill.  

An unexpected solution presented itself one day when my friend and I wanted to hit up New York Vintage (as featured by Rachel Zoe) for some unique finds.  Well, apparently New York Vintage is closed on Sundays, but across the way was a vintage garage - open to all!  Prada Mary Janes, vintage layered pearls, 70's DVF wrap dresses, were all around us but I was consumed with one thought: I can get my fur here - let the hunting begin!

Let's fast-forward two hours later and I'm holding a rabbit-fur jacket (circa 1970s) and a 1940s caplet - I mean everyone needs at least one cape in their closet right? 

Vintage heaven.
Mission Accomplished! Hanging in my closet today are my two perfect fur pieces, silently filling my old void.  



As fabulous as this teeny baby fur jacket was, it just wasn't for me.

Oh fur, why art thou so difficult to find?

No comments:

Post a Comment