Monday, November 7, 2011

An Ode to Conan O'Brien

 

"Feel free to enjoy this beautiful day"

These were the words my editor said to me last Thursday-and let me just say that this was the last thing I expected to hear.  After weeks of extended projects, 12-hour days followed by all-nighters finishing case study after case study, the last thing on my mind was an unexpected afternoon off.

So what's a girl to do?  It was too late for a lunch, but too early to call up friends - not everyone is so lucky to have an impromptu day-off.  As I weighed the possibilities of an afternoon of window shopping versus scouring vintage jewelry shops I came across a unique sight at Columbus Circle.  It appeared that an art exhibition was taking place in the middle of the Shoppes. Not just any art exhibition I may add, but one dedicated to talk show host Conan O'Brien

Conan Pencilism.  A Conan statuette constructed completely out of colored pencils, by Federico Uribe.


Conan the Conqueror, by Giulliano Palladino.

Conan Pointallism, by Freiya Kiessling.

Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter. American Gothic Style

The Converse, by Keith Hale

King Conan, by Deborah Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment