Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's Christmas Time in the City... Really?!


Once again the alarm went off too early for me to say I was ready for another day.
Lately it seems that my days are filled with endless deadlines, meetings, projects, and rendezvous.  If my schedule was a soda can, it would have exploded beyond clean up weeks ago.  

It was so easy for me not to notice that the morning air was getting colder and colder.  Sure there were signs - I have traded my wedge sandals for thigh-high boots and denim jacket for my favorite trench - but it's not enough for me to notice the change in the air.

Until one day... it was.  My friend Britney and I were taking a stroll through Midtown when we were suddenly bombarded with Christmas lights and decorations.

A tree in the park.
Christmas songs playing in the background.
Big presents with even bigger bows on shop window displays.

When did it happen? The last I checked it was still September and now red and white Starbucks cups are dancing all around me.  While it's not officially Christmas in the city, it was exciting to see how such a festive city made itself ready.


 Radio City (and its Rockettes) seem to be set for Christmas!

Despite still being under construction, the Rockefeller tree creates an air of excitement for on-lookers.
And below the infamous tree is the infamous ice rink.
 Shops are more than ready for the holiday season
(let's not forget tourists) that are about to come!
Britney Fitzgerald looks in awe at the Christmas display window
outside of Henri Bendel.



No comments:

Post a Comment