Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Our Sweet Escape

There's nothing I love more than literally stumbling upon a new amazing eatery.  This is how my friend Elisa and I discovered Just Sweets in the East Village.  On the outside it appears to be a modern techno-friendly cafe; but inside houses some of the best desserts that we have experienced in the city.  


Elisa's bite out of heaven.
While Elisa lost herself in crepe from Nutella heaven I treated myself to a green tea ice cream sundae.  Amazing doesn't even begin to describe the desserts here - even for us sweets experts.  We loved the place so much that a few days later after work we made the 20+ blocks journey back - in freezing night temperature I might add - for an encore.  Safe to say that we will frequent the place until we've tried all those yummy items. It's only fair

In a city that's famous for housing some of the most renowned restaurants and overrated cafes it's refreshing to find a place that delivers amazing food in that "hey I kinda want to just chill here for a minute" environment.     I can only imagine the possibilities when the temperature rises and summer is in the air! Anyone up for dessert?
"Life is uncertain.  Eat dessert first."  ~Ernestine Ulmer

No comments:

Post a Comment